- About Warrensburg
- Local Businesses
- Documents & Forms
- News & Notices
ORDER SETTING PUBLIC HEARING CONCERNING
PROPOSED WARRENSBURG AMBULANCE DISTRICT
WHEREAS, the Warrensburg Town Board (the "Board") is considering forming the Warrensburg Ambulance District (the "District") covering the entire area of the Town in accordance with Article 12-a of New York Town Law for the purpose of providing emergency medical and ambulance services within the Town; and
WHEREAS, the purpose of establishing the District is to ensure the health and safety of those in Warrensburg who may find themselves in need of emergency medical care. This is not only a crucial but potentially lifesaving endeavor which will benefit the people of the Town in any event that emergency medical services are required; and
WHEREAS, upon formation of the District, tax dollars acquired through the Warrensburg Ambulance District shall only be used by that District going forward.
WHEREAS, the Town feels that having a specific budget item to designate funds toward the newly established Ambulance District is paramount in terms of transparency and accessibility of such information to the people of the Town of Warrensburg; and to provide the funds necessary for such services; and
WHEREAS, a Map, Plan and Report (the “Map, Plan and Report”) has been prepared concerning the proposed District; and
WHEREAS, the Map, Plan and Report has been filed in the Town Clerk's Office and is available for public inspection; and
WHEREAS, the Map, Plan and Report is relevant to the entire area of the Ambulance District which will encompass the Town of Warrensburg in its entirety; and
WHEREAS, establishment of the proposed District has been determined to be an Unlisted Action under the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and a SEQRA Short Environmental Assessment Form (EAF) has been prepared for the proposed District;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY
4. No capital improvement costs are anticipated for the proposed District, so there will be no debt service costs related to the proposed District.
5. The estimated cost to the typical property in the District, which typical property is a vacant lot having an assessed value of $30,000, for the first year of operation of the District is $29.88 as it relates to fifty (50) parcels of land throughout the Town. As for the typical one or two family residential properties, (there are two typical values $165,000 and $105,000) the cost for the first year of operation will be $104.58 or $164.34. There are seventeen (17) parcels that relate to each of these values. This estimated cost is based on a total cost for the first year of $362,000 divided by a total taxable assessed value of property in the Town of $363,775,639, resulting in a tax rate of $.996 per $1,000 of taxable assessed value. Therefore, the estimated annual cost to the typical property is $29.88 and $104.58 and $164.34 for the typical one or two family residence.
6. A detailed explanation of how the estimated cost of the District was computed is included in the Map, Plan and Report which has been filed with the Town Clerk and is available for public inspection.
7. The Town Board hereby determines to conduct uncoordinated SEQRA review of the proposed District establishment.
8. The Town Board shall meet and hold a public hearing at the Town Hall, 3797 Main St, Warrensburg, NY 12885 at 7:00 p.m., on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 to consider the Map, Plan and Report and to hear all persons interested in the proposed District and to take such other and further action as may be required or authorized by law.
9. The Town Board hereby authorizes and directs the Town Clerk to duly publish and post this Order not less than ten (10) days nor more than twenty (20) days before the Public Hearing date as required by Town Law §209-d, and to complete or arrange for the securing of two (2) Affidavits of Publication and two (2) Affidavits of Posting required hereby and to file a certified copy of this Order with the State Comptroller on or about the date of publication. Posting shall include placing on the Town’s website.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that all persons interested in this subject will be heard at this time and place.
Pamela M. Lloyd
Warrensburg Town Clerk
PUB: JULY 26, 2022